I’ve always been fascinated by GPS and when I owned my previous Freelander I had intended to upgrade the infotainment system. Now I have a second chance I’m going to try and get this sorted.
My ideal system would comprise of a multimedia headunit with retractable screen. This would have iPod functionality and integrate with existing steering wheel controls. It would also integrate with:-
- GPS navigation system
- Reversing camera (The Freelander isn’t the best for rearward visibilty!)
- Bluetooth handsfree kit for mobile phone.
- Video input for other items (Car PC, another camera etc)
As I find info and make progress I’ll update the relevant modifications page
In real life I'm a Software Engineer developing embedded software mainly in the automotive industry.
Freelander 2 SE TD4 in Tonga Green
Defender XS also in Tonga Green
Latest posts by Jason (see all)
- Updated downloads including info on Becker Navigation System - 01/06/2018
- Green Land Rover is now even more secure - 14/08/2017
- Replacing battery in a Freelander 2 key fob - 01/08/2015