On January 18 Green Land Rover will be going dark for a day to protest against the proposed introduction of the Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA) and its Senate counterpart, the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) in the USA.
SOPA will not just affect those in the USA, it’s every website on the internet. It basically means that it would be illegal for anyone to link to any website without checking that the site does not infringe copyright. This means constantly reviewing your website links to make sure the sites they are linked to do not add copyrighted content to the original linked material.
This puts a massive amount of responsibility on to all website owners as it means that if a site is prosecuted under this legislation the following would occur: –
- Domain name could be confiscated (US domains only I wonder?).
- IP address added to a blacklist .
- No legal process to carry out these actions.
Further information can be found here: –
In real life I'm a Software Engineer developing embedded software mainly in the automotive industry.
Freelander 2 SE TD4 in Tonga Green
Defender XS also in Tonga Green
Latest posts by Jason (see all)
- Green Land Rover is now even more secure - 14/08/2017
- Replacing battery in a Freelander 2 key fob - 01/08/2015
- Fitting LR007440 Cup Holder/Oddments Tray to Freelander 2 - 30/07/2015