As mentioned in my previous post, I’d managed to bag some Harman Kardon upgrade parts for the Freelander. Well they arrived today so I set about fitting them…
|When I originally installed the Becker stereo/sat nav, I had to bridge out the amplifier connects so that sound would come out of the speakers. This has worked quite well and I’ve not had to touch it since.|
|I haven’t got the correct bracket yet so the amplifier just sits on the floor. The bracket (XQU100980) can be bought from LR Series.
The brackets from the Freelander 1st generation sat nav unit can be seen just below the seat. This was used to hold the Alpine DVD nav computer that I fitted some time ago.
This will have to be removed before the new bracket is fitted.
|Now the tweeters… These have a few problems: –
1. The fixing pegs are missing (broken off). These pegs holds the tweeter in position on the door.
2. The fixing hooks on the bottom of the HK tweeters are slightly bent/twisted. This isn’t a major issue as they can be bent back into shape
3. The connectors on the HK tweeters are different to those on the current tweeters. The wire is also thicker on the HK tweeters.
|These are the pegs. This is the one off my current tweeters which broke off when I removed them.|
|As I couldn’t fit the HK tweeters I tried to refit the original one. Unfortunately as they no longer have a fixing peg the won’t stay put!|
Jobs left to do: –
- Find a way to make the tweeters fit without the fixing peg. (Any ideas gratefully received!)
- Fit the HK speakers when they arrive.
Stay tuned for further details…
In real life I'm a Software Engineer developing embedded software mainly in the automotive industry.
Freelander 2 SE TD4 in Tonga Green
Defender XS also in Tonga Green
Latest posts by Jason (see all)
- Updated downloads including info on Becker Navigation System - 01/06/2018
- Green Land Rover is now even more secure - 14/08/2017
- Replacing battery in a Freelander 2 key fob - 01/08/2015