Today we collected the latest addition to the GLR fleet, a 2007 Defender 90 XS in Tonga Green.
It’s not the first Defender in the fleet, in fact it’s the 4th. The previous 3 all being owned by Ian so it was about time I pulled my finger out and got some Defender love! He’s been christened Larry.
Very excited about carrying out mods and going on adventures.
Of course, part of the joy of Defender ownership is modification and enhancement. Personally I wouldn’t have fitted the raised air intake or the light guards. Removal of these would be costly as it would entail bodywork repair. Initial thoughts of things to do are: –
- Security. Number one priority! Lots of ideas to stop me losing Larry. Probably won’t be publishing them here although I do intend to fit a Disclock and ‘Ardcase pedal guard.
- Rust proofing. a must for all Defenders. Must book in with Chris Calvert. See his Corrosion Prevention Guide on Defender2.net
- KBX grille and headlight surrounds. Hopefully they’ll fit with the light guards on.
- NAS tow step.
- Lots lots more no doubt!
Stay tuned for more updates…
In real life I'm a Software Engineer developing embedded software mainly in the automotive industry.
Freelander 2 SE TD4 in Tonga Green
Defender XS also in Tonga Green
Latest posts by Jason (see all)
- Goodby to Larry the GLR Defender - 31/08/2018
- Updated downloads including info on Becker Navigation System - 01/06/2018
- Green Land Rover is now even more secure - 14/08/2017